The Mohs Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Mohs Surgeons with all administrative duties as it relates to patient scheduling and follow up.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Call surgical patients the day after surgery to inquire about post op pain, post op bleeding, or if they are having problems with bandages etc.
- Organize surgical paper charts (Mohs maps) weekly and make necessary preparations.
- Ensure Coumadin patients are maintaining INR levels.
- Prepare surgical phone consult paperwork.
- Manage tasks of EMA.
- Manage the Mohs team intra-mails involving patient calls and scheduling.
- Coordinate phone calls with plastic surgeons and schedule patients.
- Check the Mohs voicemail frequently, answering messages as appropriate.
- Manage Pathology Log, ensuring tasks are completed such as patient follow up, entering treatment plans and prescriptions in que, etc.
- Maintain culture logs.
- Confirm surgical patients’ appointments.
- Maintain the cancellation list.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college is preferred.
Experience: One (1) year in an administrative capacity in a medical setting.
Certifications & Licenses: N/A
Technology Applications: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Experience with Electronic Medical Records with EMA, eCW, medical front desk or coordinating experience preferred.